List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: JDK-8195974: Replace use of java.util.logging in javafx with System logger
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-05-17 22:10:39

That all sounds good.

As for the packager, it will likely continue to be a source of issues
like this now that it is gone from the JDK, and isn't part of the
unbundled FX builds.

I just filed a bug [1] to remove the qualified export from
javafx.graphics to jdk.packager (and to disable building the packager
even when building using an Oracle JDK) -- see my recent reply to the
OpenJFX updates thread [1]. Perhaps I should expand that issue to remove
references to it from the IDE files as well.

Ultimately, we should delete modules/jdk.packager* and the references to
it in build.gradle, etc., but that can be done as a follow-on cleanup
issue, which I just filed [3]. Note that the source code would still
available for anyone who wants it, either from the openjfx/10u-dev/rt
repo or from the openjfx/jfx-dev/rt repo using the jdk-11+13 tag.

-- Kevin

[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/openjfx-dev/2018-May/021894.html