List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: HostServices.showDocument in Linux: Default browser
From:       Arne Augenstein <openjfx () arne-augenstein ! de>
Date:       2018-03-17 15:16:56

Hi,

thanks. That is the explanation. I have Firefox an Chromium installed
and Chromium is missing in the browsers list in line 162. My immediate
problem could be solved by adding "chromium" to this list. But it still
wouldn't be a good solution as it doesn't take into account any kind of
priority users with different browsers might have as it doesn't use any
of Linux' ways to define default applications. It also doesn't work
with less popular browsers.

I will keep using Desktop.getDesktop().browse(Uri uri) for the time
being as this seems to be working better at the moment.

Regards
Arne Augenstein

=