List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Updating class javafx.beans.binding.When
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2018-03-13 14:26:18

Nir Lisker wrote:
> Solved the configuration issues, so I'm continuing with this.
>
> I submitted https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8199514 for the
> refactoring part.

As mentioned before, this seems OK long as the refactoring is
behavior-neutral and limited in scope.

> As for https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8089579, should it be
> closed as Not an Issue and a new issue created for the new API
> propasal, or should it be retrofitted?

What new public API are you envisioning to propose? I would recommend to
file a new Enhancement request, but leave the existing bug open (you can
link it to the new RFE) until there is agreement on any new API, and
until we know it solves the problem specified in the bug report.

-- Kevin