List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Style a Popup in a Skin
From:       Florian Brunner <fbrunnerlist () gmx ! ch>
Date:       2017-09-08 19:24:02

Hi,

Sorry to bother this list with this question, but I didn' receive any answer on \
Stackoverflow and I'm not sure if or how this is supported at all: \
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45467626/custom-skin-style-popup \
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14610639/custom-control-opaque-popup

In a Skin implementation of a custom control I want to style a Popup.

I guess I have to use the PopupControl[1], not Popup[2].
PopupControl popup = new PopupControl();
popup.getScene().setRoot(popupContentPane);
popup.setAutoHide(true);
popup.setAnchorLocation(PopupWindow.AnchorLocation.WINDOW_BOTTOM_LEFT);
popup.setStyle("-fx-background-color: red;");
popup.getStyleClass().add("my-popup");
popup.show(getSkinnable(), screenLocation.getX(), screenLocation.getY());
The skinnable overrides the userAgentStylesheet:
@Override
public String getUserAgentStylesheet() {
    return Stylesheets.getDefaultStylesheet();
}
But neither the style, nor the styleClass nor any styleClass applied to any child \
node of popupContentPane has some effect.  If I understand the documentation[3] \
correctly the popup should use the stylesheet of the ownerNode (here the skinnable).  \
How can I style a popup in a skin?  Or should I file an enhancement request?

Kind regards,Florian

--------
[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/javafx/api/javafx/scene/control/PopupControl.html
[2] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/javafx/api/javafx/stage/Popup.html