List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Additional information about JDK-8183120
From:       Mitsuru Matsushima <m-matsushima () bk ! jp ! nec ! com>
Date:       2017-06-29 4:37:15

Hi,

I reported following bug report.
But it seems my explanation was not clear enough.

First, there is a lack in the STEPS TO FOLLOW TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM.
A sample text I described is tested with 'MS Gothic' font.

So, the sample attached to the issue need to modify following.
Then, you can probably get same result of my report.

    public void start(Stage primaryStage) {
        primaryStage.setTitle("TextArea Test");
        Group root = new Group();
        Scene scene = new Scene(root, 600, 330, Color.WHITE);
        final TextArea cssEditorFld = new TextArea();
        cssEditorFld.setPrefColumnCount(10);
        cssEditorFld.setWrapText(true);
        cssEditorFld.setStyle("-fx-font-family:'MS Gothic'");

        root.getChildren().add(cssEditorFld);
        primaryStage.setScene(scene);
        primaryStage.show();
    }

Second, I tested also JDK9 and the result is same.

Test environment:
java version "9-ea"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9-ea+174)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9-ea+174, mixed mode)

---
Mitsuru