List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Default PointLight for Scene
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-05-23 19:50:04

It might be convenient to have a boolean on the scene to indicate
whether it should be retained, but we don't plan any improvements to 3D
in JDK 10 (which would be the absolute earliest such a change could
happen). It seems it would be just as easy for an application to add a
white point light at the camera, and that wouldn't have to wait until
new API was added.

-- Kevin