List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    JDK-8180368 javapackager and Maven Toolchains
From:       Anthony Vanelverdinghe <anthony.vanelverdinghe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-05-19 16:51:16

Hi

This issue [1] was given lower priority because "reproducing the bug
requires intentionally setting JAVA_HOME to old JDK and using files from
new one".
However, I just want to point out that this is not some artificial
construction: Maven Toolchains [2] allow to build projects with a JDK
which is different than the one Maven itself is running on. In my case,
this issue was triggered by running Maven on JDK 8, while building with
a JDK 9 toolchain.

[2]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-toolchains-plugin/toolchains/jdk.html

Kind regards,