List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    HEADS-UP: Bump the minimum buildnum for the boot JDK used by FX 9 (and FX 10) to build 165
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-04-18 0:14:50

The last module system refresh that went into build 165 moved the Module
and Layer class from java.lang.reflect to java.lang. This is both a
source and binary incompatible change, and since we want to reference
Module in our javadocs (at least) it's time to bump the minimum build
number to 165.

Absent any concerns regarding this, I would like to push the change some
time on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. This means that all JavaFX
developers should download the latest EA build of JDK 9, which is jdk-9+165.

Let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks.

-- Kevin