List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    OpenJFX 10-dev is open for bug fixing
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2017-03-13 19:55:23

I am pleased to announce that the OpenJFX 10-dev repo is open for bug
fixes at:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/10-dev/rt

There are three important rules to be aware of at this time:

1. We will be forward-syncing changes from FX 9-dev --> 10-dev on a
regular basis. This mean that you should *NOT* push any changeset to
10-dev if it will (or is planned to) also be pushed to 9-dev. Fix such
bugs only in FX 9-dev and let the forward syncing take care of getting
that fix into 10. This goes for bugs that are on 9-critical-watch for
which additional approval is needed.

2. At this time we are only taking bug fixes and small enhancements to
10-dev. No API changes yet.

3. Because we are still forward-syncing changes from 9-dev to 10-dev
(see #1), please avoid any refactoring or other large-scale change that
would create unnecessary merge conflicts.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Thank you.

-- Kevin