List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    [8u] Review request: Backport various Ensemble8 bug fixes to 8u
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-10-24 21:14:25

Vadim, Chien, and Daniil,

Please review the following to backport several bug fixes in Ensemble8
from FX 9 to FX 8u:

This is an umbrella task that needs a little explanation. We need to
replace the old Ensemble2 demo on OTN with Ensemble8 (see JDK-8160020
[1] for why this is the case). We further need to compile Ensemble8 with
JDK 8u so that it will run on both JDK 8u and JDK 9. In support of this,
I propose to backport 12 bugs from FX 9 to FX 8u-dev -- as 12 separate
changesets, one for each bug -- so the version we deploy on OTN will
have all of the needed bug fixes and run correctly on both JDK 8u and JDK 9.

Further details are in the umbrella bug report.

-- Kevin