List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    HEADS UP and review for new gnu style java command line options
From:       David Hill <David.Hill () Oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-08-29 14:31:51

HEADS UP:
    I just commited a change that will require a JIGSAW_HOME that is build jdk-9+132 \
or later. That build is now available for download from the JDK9 EA site (actually \
b133) <https://jdk9.java.net/download/>. This commit went in a bit early to squeeze \
it into this weeks promotion to allow the JDK team to remove the old command line \
options.

This updated JDK9 uses new GNU style command line options for the JDK 9 additions, \
and the older versions will be retired DJK9 build 135. The JavaFX build will fail \
with the older JDK9 builds that do not have the new options. The supported options \
are defined here <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/293>, and in general are not going to \
impact most developers.

Please download and reset your JIGSAW_HOME to point to jdk-9+132 (or later) now.

A last note: We still require JDK9 ea build 109 as the bootstrap JDK ( \
JDK_HOME/JAVA_HOME )

--
David Hill<David.Hill@Oracle.com>
Java Embedded Development

"A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the \
                world."
-- George Santayana (1863 - 1952)