List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    End-to-end performance tests for distributed JavaFX application
From:       Daniel_Glöckner <daniel.gloeckner () 360t ! com>
Date:       2016-08-17 15:39:22

Hi,

We're looking at developing a performance benchmark suite for our distributed JavaFX \
application.

We want end-to-end metrics which include rendering / event processing in the UI.
Example 1) @T_0 server sends update to client, @T_1 client receives the update, @T_2 \
the update is rendered. Measure T_2 - T_0. Example 2) @T_0 user clicks on a button \
which triggers a remote action, @T_1 UI has performed the remote call, @T_2 the \
server has reacted to the call. Measure T_2 - T_0.

We want to automate the performance tests so we would need some kind of test driver \
which would start the UI and "click buttons". Maybe TestFX \
(https://github.com/TestFX/TestFX), Automaton \
(https://github.com/renatoathaydes/Automaton) or JemmyFX \
(https://jemmy.java.net/JemmyFXGuide/jemmy-guide.html) would be a good candidate for \
this job (example 2).

Also, we would need to detect when an update is rendered (example 1).

Does anyone on this list have experience with such performance measurements? Any \
hints appreciated ;)

Kind regards,
Daniel