List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: JDK-8153350 - JavaFX webstart with javaws.exe selects wrong toolkit (unnecessary relaunch)
From:       David DeHaven <david.dehaven () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-07-28 17:00:03

> > it may be unrelated to these relaunches, but I have been wondering for awhile, \
> > what the toolkit parameter in the <fx:application> ant element is supposed to do. \
> >  see:
> >
> > https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/deploy/javafx_ant_task_reference.html#CIAGCAFH
> >
> > At least in my tests changing the parameter had no effect on the generated jnlp \
> > file.
>
> Good question.. maybe Chris can answer?

Let me try that again...

There are some properties passed to the VM (by dtjava.js) that change the default \
toolkit, but those would only be relevant for web deployment. Java Packager does \
produce html and JNLP files so it's possible that's what it's for.

Actually, you can pass -J-Djnlp.tk=jfx to javaws and it will start with the FX \
toolkit and avoid the relaunch.

-DrD-