List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    HEADS-UP: Massive directory renaming in openjfx/9-dev/rt planned for Monday, August 1
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-07-26 18:28:45

TO: All developers who build openjfx/9-dev

As a heads-up, we are preparing to rename all directories under
rt/modules this coming Monday, August 1 to address JDK-8161705 [1].

This is a step along the path to compiling with a newer,
Jigsaw-compatible JDK as described in JDK-8161704 [2].

Dave will send out a review in the next day or so. The 12 directories
under "rt/modules", containing a total of 22,283 files, will be renamed;
this will be a *very* large changeset. Developers need to be aware of
the following:

1) The repo will remain locked on Monday after our weekly sanity
testing; the changeset for this fix will be the first thing pushed after
integration to 9 master, and then the repo will be unlocked.

2) Any patches that you have in flight will need to be redone using the
new file locations. We will provide a script to help with this.

3) Backports from 9-dev to 8u-dev will no longer import cleanly without
modification due to the location changes. We will provide a script to
help with this.

Please let Dave or me know if there are any questions.

-- Kevin