List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    default X86EGL.includeSwing = true for headless Linux?
From:       "Chris Newland" <cnewland () chrisnewland ! com>
Date:       2016-04-27 7:51:59

Hi,

Currently Monocle builds are configured (in buildSrc/x86egl.gradle) with

X86EGL.includeSwing = false

This results in build.gradle excluding javafx/embed/swing packages

if (!targetProperties.includeSwing) {
    exclude("javafx/embed/swing")
}

Which means that you can't easily (to my knowledge) create writeable
images on headless Linux systems using SwingFXUtils:

ImageIO.write(SwingFXUtils.fromFXImage(imag, null), "png", new
File("snapshot.png"));

setting

X86EGL.includeSwing = true

makes the javafx/embed/swing packages available and fixes the problem.

I imagine it's done this way to keep the size down for embedded images?

If there's no intention to change the default then I'm happy to offer a
Swing-enabled monocle build on my OpenJFX build server (which now has a
domain: http://chriswhocodes.com).

Kind regards,

Chris