List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: [9] Review request: 8091832: Provide API for getting the Screen scale on HiDPI screens
From:       Jim Graham <james.graham () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-03-31 7:52:15

I've updated the fix with the following additions:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~flar/JDK-8091832/webrev.rt.02/

- Redundant or obsolete command line overrides removed from Windows code
as follows:
   Settings still supported:
     -Dglass.win.uiScale
   Settings no longer supported, implementation conflicts with
Per-Monitor DPI support:
     -Dglass.win.minHiDPI
   Settings no longer supported, replaced by API in FX classes:
     -Dglass.win.renderScale
     -Dglass.win.forceIntegerRenderScale

- Font size now scales with uiScale override on Windows
- Fixes to scaling in JFXPanel
- Fixes to scaling in SwingPanel
- Monocle Screen initialization fixed

Note that SwingNode does not seem to relay the FX scaling parameters to
Swing correctly, but that was true before these fixes. This patch will
keep the functionality roughly the same, but additional fixes are needed
to do proper scaling of embedded Swing nodes. I looked at what was
needed and have an idea of what the fix would involve, but decided that
it was outside the scope of these fixes that are needed to get the HiDPI
FX properties implemented.

			...jim