List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    [9] review request: 8134709
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-02-18 1:19:38

Sergey & Alexander,

Please review the following, which will allow the FX sdk to build with
JDK 9.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kcr/8150109/webrev.00/

The premise of the fix, which just comments out the calls to the removed
methods, is that since the existing FX / Swing Drag & Drop functionality
has been broken for all users of JDK 9 ea for the last several months,
we can live with it broken for a little while longer; I doubt any FX
developer who is current testing it with JDK 8u as a boot JDK and their
own build of FX will notice. I will file a follow-on JIRA to fix it
after we move to JDK 9 as a boot JDK. I didn't think it was worth
putting in reflection code for this case, but if you feel otherwise,
then let me know.

-- Kevin