List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Bulk packager integration
From:       Danno Ferrin <danno.ferrin () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-11-30 15:19:39

> On Nov 25, 2015, at 6:49 PM, Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> 1) I get the following error if I apply the patch and do a build:
>
> > fxpackager:compileJava/localhome/kcr/javafx/9-jake-kcr/jfx/rt/modules/fxpackager/src/main/java/com/oracle/tools/packager/JLinkBundlerHelper.java:3: \
> > error: package com.sun.tools.jdeps does not exist
> import com.sun.tools.jdeps.Main;
> ^
>
> Does this require a newer version of JDK9 jigsaw or is there some other issue? If \
> the former, then we need to solve a problem that isn't yet solved with the build \
> environment on our Hudson machines before this can go in.

Do you have the module-info.java.extra file loaded up?  It may be a build issue since \
that file is not exported by default.  Is this the same error we see when it doen't \
like the module boundaries?  do we need to add some -XaddExports?  It works for me, \
and the file is years old, so it may be order or operations issues with the JDK that \
is on the build server.

I'll look into building from a public EA build of Java 9 then (if I have time, Chris \
or Dmitry may get to do that).

> 2) The JDK9_MODULES is a new variable that isn't currently defined. What should it \
> be set to? It looks like it is only used by the packagerDev task, so might be OK.

Right now it is for packagerdev, but going forward I see it being needed for the unit \
tests.

> 3) The classesModuleExclude mechanism duplicates an existing mechanism to filter \
> out classes from going into the modules. Are you sure this new mechanism is needed? \
> After I fixed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8142381 \
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8142381> a couple weeks ago I no longer \
> see any classes from ant-javafx.jar showing up in the fxpackager module.

I'll look into removing that code then.