List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Windows Hi-DPI
From:       Felix Bembrick <felix.bembrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-10-31 0:40:05

Hi Jim,

I have experimented with all those options with the following results:

1. Turning on verbose proves hardware acceleration is being used.
2. Increasing texture size and fiddling with the amount of VRAM has no
effect on performance.
3. Turning off Hi DPI changes the appearance of the app (i.e. controls
are too small etc.) but has no effect on performance.
4. Disabling hardware acceleration makes it another order of magnitude
slower than before.

So none of the options improved performance at all.  All we know for sure
is that it's using D3D and that it is running so much slower than I
expected and so much so that it is unusable.

Here's some of the initial output which hopefully shows something about the
issue:

*Prism pipeline init order: d3dUsing native-based Pisces rasterizerUsing
dirty region optimizationsNot using texture mask for primitivesNot forcing
power of 2 sizes for texturesUsing hardware CLAMP_TO_ZERO modeOpting in for
HiDPI pixel scalingPrism pipeline name =
com.sun.prism.d3d.D3DPipelineLoading D3D native library ...
succeeded.D3DPipelineManager: Created D3D9Ex deviceDirect3D initialization
succeeded(X) Got class = class com.sun.prism.d3d.D3DPipelineInitialized
prism pipeline: com.sun.prism.d3d.D3DPipelineMaximum supported texture
size: 16384Maximum texture size clamped to 8192OS Information:
Windows version 10.0 build 10240D3D Driver Information:        NVIDIA
GeForce GTX TITAN X        \\.\DISPLAY1        Driver nvd3dum.dll, version
10.18.13.5850        Pixel Shader version 3.0        Device : ven_10DE,
dev_17C2, subsys_113210DE        Max Multisamples supported: 4 vsync: true
vpipe: trueLoading Prism common native library ...*

*        succeeded.PPSRenderer: scenario.effect - createShader:
LinearConvolveShadow_28PPSRenderer: scenario.effect - createShader:
LinearConvolve_8PPSRenderer: scenario.effect - createShader:
LinearConvolve_64PPSRenderer: scenario.effect - createShader:
Blend_ADDPPSRenderer: scenario.effect - createShader:
LinearConvolveShadow_16PPSRenderer: scenario.effect - createShader:
LinearConvolve_12*

-