List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Smooth continuous scrolling in JavaFX
From:       "Dr. Michael Paus" <mp () jugs ! org>
Date:       2015-09-27 15:43:02

I have a MacBook Pro with a touch enabled trackpad. When I open a large
image with the Mac preview app I can let the image slide softly over the
screen with a two finger gesture. Now I would like to do the same inside
a JavaFX app but this doesn't seems to work. The image jumps in roughly
10 pixel increments which just looks ugly. I experimented with the
JavaFX gestures but I did not get it to move smoothly. The scroll events
are always delivered in very coarse intervals in contrast to the zoom
and rotation events where this works perfectly.

So I have the following questions here:

Is this behavior the same on all touch enabled platforms or is this a
Mac issue?

Is there anything I can do to get more fine grained scroll events?

Why is there such a difference between the scroll and the other events
(zoom, rotate)?

Is this a bug or a feature?

Michael