List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    OpenJFX repo for Jigsaw
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-09-18 21:57:48

As some of you may have seen from the recent hg push notification, there
is a new OpenJFX sandbox repo [1] for the JavaFX changes needed for
Jigsaw. This is the JavaFX repo that corresponds to the recently opened
JDK jigsaw/jake forest [2].

Due to a bug that hasn't yet been fixed [3], it won't build and produce
bits that an OpenJDK build of Jigsaw can consume, since we have
dependencies on the closed deploy modules that need to be untangled. I
feel that it is better to get the code out into the open than wait until
that bug is resolved.

So you can feel free to browse the code, but in order to run it, you
will need to download a binary EA Jigsaw build from java.net [4].

-- Kevin

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/sandbox-9-jake/rt
[2] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jigsaw/jake
[4] https://jdk9.java.net/jigsaw/