List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: The Case for JavaFX & Emulated L&Fs (across iOS, Android etc.)
From:       Scott Palmer <swpalmer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-29 21:29:32

As long as SceneBuilder is maintained I'm all for FXML. It is entirely useless \
without SceneBuilder though, and doing complex UI layouts without SceneBuilder is a \
pain in the butt. I have no issues with CSS either. There's no need to keep inventing \
new ways of doing what CSS does. It's much easier to use it to customize the look of \
an app than to go the Swing route and have to do all the ugly details in Java code. \
Good IDE support for editing CSS can mitigate the issues caused by not having the \
static type checking. CSS isn't perfect, but coding LnFs the Swing way just means \
it's never going to happen for most apps because it isn't worth the time.

Scott