List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    IMPORTANT: 8u60 rampdown schedule
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-05-26 22:09:33

As we approach ZBB (Zero Bug Bounce) for 8u60 I wanted to outline the
rampdown procedure we will be following.

The expectation for any Java release is that all bugs should be fixed by
ZBB; only regressions or other critical issues should be fixed after
ZBB. Starting with Rampdown Phase 2 (RDP2) the JDK release-team must
approve all bugs fixes (only critical regressions and release stoppers).
With that in mind, here is the policy for changesets going into 8u-dev
over the next few weeks:

Mon, May 25 through Sun, Jun 14 -- standard code review policies in effect

* Bug fixes are subject to the usual code review policies (pre-commit or
post-commit review as appropriate); since we are already past RDP1 the
focus should be on regressions and P1-P3 bugs.

ZBB code freeze is Mon, Jun 15 @ 1am PDT

Mon, Jun 15 through Sun, Jun 21 -- regressions and critical bugs only,
pre-commit review required

* All bug fixes require a pre-commit review; an exception is made for
changesets that do not touch shipping code, such as fixes to unit tests
and non-shipping examples/toys

* Changes should go to 9-dev first (which may be done with either a
pre-commit or post-commit review) and then backported to 8u-dev for 8u60
with a pre-commit review.

Mon, Jun 22 through Sun, Jun 28 -- regressions and critical bugs only,
tech lead approval required

* All bug fixes require a pre-commit review and also a "+1" from the
tech lead; an exception is made for changesets that do not touch
shipping code, such as fixes to unit tests and non-shipping examples/toys

* Changes should go to 9-dev first (which may be done with either a
pre-commit or post-commit review) and then backported to 8u-dev for 8u60
with a pre-commit review and approval.

RDP2 code freeze is Mon, Jun 29 @ 1am PDT

* We will fork the 8u60 stabilization repo at this point

* No further changes will be accepted for 8u60 without JDK release team
approval

This is also summarized on the OpenJFX 8u60 project page:

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/OpenJFX/8u60

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

-- Kevin