List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Integrated vs. Discrete Graphics on OS X
From:       Mike Hearn <mike () plan99 ! net>
Date:       2015-05-26 11:36:48

The relevant Apple dev doc is here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2229/_index.html

Essentially it involves setting flags on the GL pixel format. Then you can
receive a callback from the OS either via NSOpenGLView or an old C style
callback which tells you that the active GPU has changed. I haven't read
the JFX Mac GL code so I don't know what APIs it's using. In the callback
you are meant to re-query GL capabilities and redraw, I think.

There's also some extra work required if you use pbuffers or GL textures
instead of framebuffer objects. I don't know which JFX uses.