List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Enhancements to 3D for JFX9?
From:       Tom Schindl <tom.schindl () bestsolution ! at>
Date:       2015-04-24 18:41:59

Hi,

I never proposed to rely on this feature forever but to relax the
concerns raised that JDK9 is the end for useing JavaFX in new not yet
explored ways and people stop using it today because it is already sure
today that you won't get the API you require in your app.

I've already outlined in our EclipseCon meeting with Mark and Alex how
one could go for allowing none global access to not yet finished APIs
without useing the big hammer -XX.... - Eclipse with its @noimplement
and @noextend and Equinox with it's private-package exports show you
ways how this could be address so that eg JavaFX could expose some of
its internal stuff in JKD9.

I think something like that is essential for young modules like javafx.

Tom

--
Thomas Schindl, CTO
BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH