List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Some questions about participating in development
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-04-17 14:02:53

Hi Robert,

Glad to hear it. The reason for the test failure is that the webkit
native library (jfxwebkit) isn't built by default, but is copied from
the JDK you use to build the rest of FX. Any number of interesting
errors can happen if you have a mismatch in the native library versus
the rest of WebKit. This particular unit test changed as part of the
wekbkit upgrade, so I guess you have an old (pre-upgrade) version of the
native library and a new (post-update) version of the Java code and unit
tests for WebView. The solution would be to use JDK 8u60-b08 or later to
build FX.

As for IDE, I use NetBeans, but not the gradle plugin for NB. I open the
projects under rt/netbeans with NB 8 and it works for me. Others on our
team use IntelliJ.

If you have a patch for a specific issue, it might be easiest to e-mail
the patch to the assignee and they can attach it (just like we ask bug
reporters to do for images, larger test programs, etc). Also, I will
volunteer to attach a patch you send to any issue.

-- Kevin