List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: focus property in composed control
From:       Werner Lehmann <lehmann () media-interactive ! de>
Date:       2015-02-23 10:51:38

Hi Tom,

lately I've been battling similar issues. One important thing I learned
here is that if my custom control wraps a TextField in its skin I have
to make sure that the custom control is not focus-traversable.

It also seems difficult to have focus on the custom control in terms of
Node.focused while actual focus is on the TextField in the skin.
ComboBox may have the same issue with its embedded TextField. At least
the FakeFocusTextField inside the ComboBoxListViewSkin looks like a
workaround for this. But I can't do the same because this uses (package)
private API.

And the creative implementation of Node.FocusedProperty (to make sure
that focus switch is an atomic change for focus change listeners)
reminded me of Tomas' latest posting about "Suspendable listener
notifications". This would be nice to have in FX so we don't need
private workarounds...

> http://tomasmikula.github.io/blog/2015/02/10/val-a-better-observablevalue.html

Werner