List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: AcceleratedScreen
From:       David Hill <David.Hill () Oracle ! com>
Date:       2015-01-28 19:34:04

On 1/28/15, 6:04 AM, Johan Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unless I'm missing something, at this moment an AcceleratedScreen is not
> able to be reconfigured. Once initialized, the eglSurface is not changed.
> This leads to the following issue on Android: when the device is rotated, a
> new surface is created. The AcceleratedScreen still tries to call
> eglSwapBuffers with a reference to the old surface.
>
> I can hack this into e.g. AndroidAcceleratedScreen, but I am wondering if
> this might be some general functionality that should be provided by the
> AcceleratedScreen? Or would you rather create a new AcceleratedScreen when
> the underlying surface changed? If so, which class should do this? When
> using prism with eglfb, the EGLFBGLDrawable does this.
I don't think that we have encountered the issue with a changing eglSurface yet, so I \
expect we will need to change some of the plumbing to let that work right. I think \
that it would make sense to make the change for a general case - even if we have not \
encountered the need for general Linux yet.

Would you file a Jira?

I would be happy to work through the issue with you.

Dave

--
David Hill<David.Hill@Oracle.com>
Java Embedded Development

"A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the \
                world."
-- George Santayana (1863 - 1952)