List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Is this the end of support raspberrry pi?
From:       David Hill <David.Hill () Oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-12-19 17:13:30

On 12/19/14, 12:02 PM, Sven Reimers wrote:

> So,  the community challenge is to rewrite this beast to make it run smoothly on a \
> pi?
If someone wants to look for hot spots (profiling and such), then that certainly \
would help. And after that, perhaps some donated code would be nice :-)

The app is nicely designed in some ways - easily extensible and such, but for a \
smaller device, those design features don't fit as well.

In the modern world of app design, it really makes sense to create a clean app, and \
then speed it up. I know that I have found that early optimization is problematic as \
I was often wrong at where the choke points were. Ensemble was made on and for the \
desktop CPU, and it shows in startups time.

Dave