List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    PLEASE READ: FX 9-dev repo is now open
From:       Kevin Rushforth <kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com>
Date:       2014-11-21 23:13:26

OpenJFX Developers:

I am pleased to announce that the OpenJFX 9-dev repo [1] is now open.

As with FX 8, there is a corresponding master repo, but developers
should pull from 9-dev just as is currently done for 8u-dev.

Here are the rules of engagement. They are also posted on the OpenJFK
Wiki [2].

1) For at least the next three weeks, we will still automatically
forward-sync changes from 8u to 9 each week. This means that: A) you
must avoid any significant refactoring, white space changes, etc., in
9-dev that might cause difficult-to-resolve merge conflicts; and B) any
change that is intended for 8u40 should be pushed to 8u-dev only and not
also to 9-dev (it will get synced into 9-dev at the next integration). I
will send an announcement when this changes, likely in mid-December.

2) Until we determine the scope of the FX work for 9, the changesets
should be limited to bug fixing and minor improvements; no API changes
or new functionality should be added yet. The code review requirements
are the same as for non-milestone weeks for 8u-dev [3].

3) Our testing is still focused on 8u40, so there is no weekly lockout
period yet for 9. I plan to take a snapshot for integration at the same
time as we start sanity testing 8u-dev (1am on Monday). Stay tuned for
changes on this front once 8u40 repo is forked and we go into rampdown
for that release.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-- Kevin

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/openjfx/9-dev/rt