List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Cleaning up Control codebase - How to deal with StyleableProperty cast
From:       Tom Schindl <tom.schindl () bestsolution ! at>
Date:       2014-04-30 13:39:11

Hi,

On 29.04.14 14:35, David Grieve wrote:
> I've found that this works:
>
>     final StyleableBooleanProperty prop =
> (StyleableBooleanProperty)focusTraversableProperty();

Right i can confirm that.

The problem is that we are then relying even more on the fact the
upstream code does not change. If someone because of what ever reason
decides to replace the StyleableBooleanProperty through a custom
implementation StyleableProperty<Boolean> we get broken.

In case of focusTraversableProperty() we are even crossing module
boundaries in this case which worries me a bit.

Tom