List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: Moving on (forked from Re: JavaOne roundup?)
From:       "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giudici () tidalwave ! it>
Date:       2013-09-30 12:25:17

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:48:10 +0200, Felix Bembrick
<felix.bembrick@gmail.com> wrote:

> I urge everyone *not* to walk away from JavaFX, at least not yet.
>
> As has been pointed out, there were several sessions scheduled for J1
> relating to JavaFX on mobiles and tablets that were only cancelled at the
> very last minute.  I see this as a definite positive.  To me that says
> that
> they truly believed they would be able to have something for those
> sessions
> but for whatever reason were not able to get across the finish line.

I don't know much about J1, as I've still to catch up. But I noted, in the
past weeks, a "swept" of re-scheduling of bugs (were planned for JDK8, now
are for "Van Ness" (*)). I suppose that might have had some impact.

(*) Please, can somebody clarify when "Van Ness" is expected to happen,
including any eventual re-scheduling? Thanks.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."