List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: [API Review] RT-17024: Region pickOnBounds default value
From:       Pavel Safrata <pavel.safrata () oracle ! com>
Date:       2013-02-28 19:48:43

Hi Richard,
I'm not sure that the behavior is much less disastrous. In the use-case
with a rotated button in a  pane, instead of being unable to click the
button, you'll be able to click half of it :-) There is another option
to have a flag "pickOnBoundsMeansToPickOnSizeAfterNoChildWasPicked". So
we would do the width/height plane picking only if no child was picked;
the children would have priority even behind the plane. This would make
the transparent layout containers behave well, at the expense of filled
panes with children obscured by the fill, which sounds like a good deal
to me. I must add this whole construction starts to look like a pretty
complicated workaround :-)

Pavel