List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Re: [REVIEW REQUEST] Add support for an emptyText property in ComboBox
From:       Werner Lehmann <lehmann () media-interactive ! de>
Date:       2013-02-27 10:29:45

Hi Richard,

yes, I think the "empty" item would usually map to null. I realize it is
supported by the API with some manual effort (e.g. copy data to a new
list, add null to it, use those as items for the combobox). I don't have
a problem to keep doing this.

I guess there was just some confusion on my part because for ~10 years I
am using extended comboboxes supporting this kind of "emptyText". So
when I read the name emptyText I jumped to conclusions abouts it meaning
(and initially was happy to have this built in) ;-)

Rgds
Werner