List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    ContextMenu not hiding properly
From:       swpalmer () gmail ! com (Scott Palmer)
Date:       2012-12-26 18:34:04

As part of migrating my app from Swing to JavaFX I just implemented some ContextMenus \
in a full JFXPanel-free JavaFX app.  The ContextMenu is attached to a node \
dynamically via the ContextMenu.show(Node, x, y) method. (Never via setContextMenu, \
since the menu items are constructed on the fly.) But I ran into this issue, which \
has been around for a year. http://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-14899

Basically ContextMenus don't go away when they should.  In this case I am NOT using \
JFXPanel, but I was going to do the ContextMenus as part of a piece-wise migration of \
my app that is using JFXPanel.  Converting the JPopupMenus on my JFXPanel to \
ContextMenus.

Since in my application I am making something similar to a UML diagram and I show a \
context menu when right-clicking between the blocks (the blocks are like the classes \
in a UML diagram) the user manipulates, the context menu doesn't dismiss if I click \
on the background again, or if I click on one of the blocks in the diagram, since \
they are child nodes of the node showing the context menu.  I do see it dismiss \
properly when I show a context menu for one block and then click on another block.

In fact the user can interact with the entire document, pressing buttons, moving \
scroll bars, etc. while the context menu sits in the middle of the screen.

Is this something that might be fixed in time for the 7u12 update?  I was hoping to \
be able to migrate to a full JavaFX app in the 7u12 timeframe.  But maybe it won't be \
ready and I have to adjust my plans.

Is there more to this issue than meets the eye?  Is there a simple workaround? I was \
going to look into it deeper.  If I were to look to make a patch what repo should I \
be working in?

Regards,

Scott