List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Native Packaging WIX
From:       zonski () gmail ! com (Daniel Zwolenski)
Date:       2012-12-21 22:26:42

Wix is ready - sorted the licensing and the technical. It's actually sitting in a \
staged repo in Sonatype and all I have to do is push the go button. I was just about \
to when another guy contacted me and said he wanted to use it too but wanted to split \
it into smaller bundles. Good idea but more work.

Now that the packaging code is open sourced I might just push the big wix bundle \
through and split it all up as a later task. Will send the other guy an email to see \
if he's good with that.

I've got code ready on the maven plugin side to download and extract wix (I extract \
it into the m2 directory where the artifact has been downloaded, but I'll make this \
configurable). The only missing piece is the changes to the jfx build tool and the \
only thing holding that up is working out how to build it :)

I'm currently getting a build error that looks like something to do with Visual \
Studio not finding libraries used by the winlauncher.exe. Does anyone know what \
version/edition of VStudio I'm suppose to have installed to build this (or any other \
tips to get this working)?