List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    FXML Best Practices
From:       tom.schindl () bestsolution ! at (Tom Schindl)
Date:       2012-12-21 12:41:23

I offered our CSS-Technologie to other IDE developers (Netbeans) but it
looks like they are not interested in our stuff.

There's no need to run with Eclipse or even OSGi to use our
CSS-Meta-Language which is the source for CSS-tooltips, ... .

We have 2 things:
a) a CSS-Lexer/Parser providing us an in-memory representation of the
   CSS
b) a Meta-Language providing informations about the available
   attributes, ... - for this language we have an interpreter which we
   feed our CSS-Representation to and get back proposals & validation

   As an experiment I also transformed our meta information into an
   HTML-File. See http://www.efxclipse.org/jfx2.html

Once you have the informations in a machine readable format the
possibilities are endless - if I only had the time to implement all of them.

For the FXML stuff this is not possible because it is very tightly bound
to Eclipse editors.

Tom