List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Porting from Swing - JavaFX 2 for JDK 6 for Mac needed
From:       richard.bair () oracle ! com (Richard Bair)
Date:       2012-11-30 21:33:04

Hi Tobi,

We haven't had many complaints thus far from Swing developers migrating on Mac. But \
besides that, we don't support the Java 6 VM, Apple does, and that limits what kind \
of things we can do with regards to integration and fixes. We don't have infinite \
resources. Apple is clearly leaving 32 bit behind and encouraging people to upgrade \
to Java 7. That's the way forward.

Richard