List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Granite Data Services 3.0.0.M1 introduces JavaFX 2.2 support
From:       franck.wolff () graniteds ! org (Franck Wolff)
Date:       2012-11-30 14:01:42

(sorry for the double post, I first replied to Richard without the forum in
copy and then tried today to forward my answer, which is not in the same
thread, my fault, first time in this forum, won't do it again...)

--------------------

The features and the samples you are looking for exist and are available
through tutorials:

http://granitedataservices.com/blog/2012/11/26/real-time-messaging-tutorial-with-javafx-2-2/

http://granitedataservices.com/blog/2012/11/26/data-management-tutorial-with-javafx-2-2/

We don't have any other material right now (such as videos or a test
drive), but we did our best to make things as clear and easy as possible.

And yes, if you open each application described in those tutorials twice,
your changes in one of them will be reflected in the other one "in real
time".
--------------------

More on the subject: Richard has tried to run the 2nd tutorial on a Mac
(Mountain Lion, java 1.7.0_09 64 bits) and it's causing some ugly random
crashes of the JVM:

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fff900dc250, pid=366, tid=9991
#
# JRE version: 7.0_09-b05
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.5-b02 mixed mode bsd-amd64
compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libobjc.A.dylib+0x6250]  objc_msgSend+0x10
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core
dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /Users/franckwolff/shop-admin/shop-admin-javafx/javafx/hs_err_pid366.log
#
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Abort trap: 6

I have been able to reproduce the issue (same environment) and I really
don't know what to do with this error ("outside the Java Virtual Machine in
native code")...

You shouldn't experience this problem on Windows, and hopefully on Linux.

Franck.

--
Franck Wolff
Granite Data Services Inc.