List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    API REVIEW REQUEST: Public API for Backgrounds and Borders on Region
From:       david.grieve () oracle ! com (David Grieve)
Date:       2012-08-28 3:46:14

In CSS, percentage values can be up to ?2^30%. In cases where the semantics is \
"proportional", the CSS value is clamped.

On Aug 27, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Jim Graham wrote:

> There is also the difference that the paints use 0-1 whereas CSS uses 0-100%.  We'd \
> have to consider whether we want them named similarly and whether we then want \
> their ranges to match...
> 		...jim
>
> On 8/27/12 4:35 PM, Richard Bair wrote:
> > That's a good question. The name for these originally was proportional, but I \
> > didn't understand what that meant immediately and thought "percentage" would make \
> > more sense. I though we used the term "percentage" elsewhere as well, but you are \
> > right that in the Paints we use proportional.
> > Richard
> >
> > On Aug 27, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Jim Graham wrote:
> >
> > > In other places we have 0->1 values being referred to as "proportional" - \
> > > should that name be used here too?
> > > 		...jim

David Grieve | Principal Member of Technical Staff
Mobile: +16033121013
Oracle Java Client UI and Tools
Durham, NH 03824
 Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the \
environment