List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    openjfx-dev Digest, Vol 8, Issue 45
From:       Peter.Zhelezniakov () oracle ! com (Peter Zhelezniakov)
Date:       2012-07-23 9:43:03

Hi John,

On 07/21/12 04:52, John C. Turnbull wrote:
> Actually, zoomX() and zoomY() probably aren't necessary but why are we
> focusing on WebView here?  Surely this should be at the Node level?  I want
> to be able to zoom in on images, graphics etc. where only the contents zoom,
> not the scroll bars.  I very much have a use case for this.

Most nodes can do this already -- when you put them into a scroll pane
and scale, the scroll pane handles the size change by adjusting scroll
bars. WebView is different as it handles scrolling internally, without
any enclosing scroll pane. This is so because of frames that may contain
their own scrollbars and be scrolled independent of the rest of the
page. So WebView can not be treated as a browser component inside a
scroll pane.

As for zoomX/Y I don't think Webkit supports it. It's designed as a
browser core, and browsers hardly ever need such functionality.

Thanks!
--
Peter