List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    JavaFX and interoperability with Java bindings for the OpenGL API
From:       gouessej () orange ! fr (gouessej at orange ! fr)
Date:       2012-07-19 10:22:21

Hi

I have just read this article about JavaFX architecture :
http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/architecture/jfxpub-architecture.htm

Is it possible to use the OpenGL backend under Windows? We need to do that in order \
to benefit of the best performance and allow the use of any Java binding for the \
OpenGL API, especially JOGL 2.0. Direct3D seems to be used by default under Windows; \
if we can't change that (for example by setting a property like what we do for \
Java2D), there is a risk of conflict at driver level.

How can another windowing toolkit monitor the way JavaFX draws its components? Best \
regards.