List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    =?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20Re=3A=20Best=20way=20to=20block=20KeyEvent?=
From:       goddard () seznam ! cz (goddard at seznam ! cz)
Date:       2012-06-28 9:36:10

Thanks, and happy name day :)
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/06/27/_back_to_the_future_future_day_hoax_today_not_the_date_shown_on_doc_s_delorean.html

Jiri

------------ P?vodn? zpr?va ------------
Od: Lubomir Nerad <lubomir.nerad at oracle.com>
P?edm?t: Re: Best way to block KeyEvent
Datum: 27.6.2012 18:12:55
Hi Jiri,

you can consume key events for blocked keys in an event filter. Event
filter is an EventHandler registered through addEventFilter method. It
can be registered directly on the focused node or on any of its parent
nodes, scene or stage.

Example:

         node.addEventFilter(KeyEvent.KEY_PRESSED,
                              new EventHandler<KeyEvent>() {
                                  public void handle(KeyEvent keyEvent) {
                                      if (<key test>) {
                                          keyEvent.consume();
                                      }
                                  }
                              });

For <key test> you can use the KeyCombination.match method.

Regards,
Lubo

On 6/27/2012 5:28 PM, goddard at seznam.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what's the best way to block KeyEvent? Let's say I want to have "enabled" only
one key at a time in a set of keys.