List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Patch: issue RT-14177
From:       kevin.rushforth () oracle ! com (Kevin Rushforth)
Date:       2012-05-31 23:45:43

Hi Florian,

This JIRA issue is targeted for 3.0 which is just in the initial
planning stages, so no one has looked at it yet.

The patch as attached to the issue deals with one case of CSS loading a
skin, but when the controls team evaluated it, their take was that it a
more general platform issue, although it could be dealt with in
isolation. In any case, even if I were to assign this back to someone on
the controls team, this code would need to be evaluated for potential
bugs and to ensure that there are no security issues (probably not an
issue, but since it would be using a system class loader we need to make
sure it is never called from a privileged context), which is unlikely to
happen for the current release.

-- Kevin