List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    API change RT-19955: Configuring a PopupWindow so that it consumes the event used for hiding
From:       lubomir.nerad () oracle ! com (Lubomir Nerad)
Date:       2012-04-27 16:54:29

Hi Werner,

On 4/27/2012 2:06 PM, Werner Lehmann wrote:
> Hi Lubo,
>
> why do you think that the name is ambiguous? Seems clear to me. Some
> other thoughts:

It seemed to me that it was not clear (from the name) whether we were
consuming the events which caused autohide or some autohide notification
events (there is the onAutoHide event handler property in PopupWindow
which usually implies the existence of a specific auto hide notification
event).

> What happens if I have two different popups showing at the same time,
> with different values for consumeAutoHidingEvents? This seems to
> indicate that this would rather be an application setting.

Good question. When I think of it, I expect it will behave just as you
described below. But will need to check to be sure.

> On the other hand, if one of these two popups is a hint window it
> should never consume such events. Maybe the event should be consumed
> if at least one visible popup demands that.
>
> Also, please allow me to mention RT-19953 once more which is about
> autoHide not working with JFXPanel. This issue will be quite visible
> in our Swing/FX application in autumn this year unless it gets fixed
> until then.

I can't help here. Maybe Artem can provide some estimate. The issue
should definitely have "Fix Version" specified.

> Rgds
> Werner

Thanks,
Lubo