List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    =?us-ascii?Q?Re=3A=20Capture=20Audio=20=2F=20Video=20?=
From:       goddard () seznam ! cz (goddard at seznam ! cz)
Date:       2012-04-26 18:57:52

Or did you use WebKit (HTML5)? I'd say that would be pretty early on :o

Regards, Jiri

------------ P?vodn? zpr?va ------------
Od:  <goddard at seznam.cz>
P?edm?t: Capture Audio / Video
Datum: 26.4.2012 20:51:45
Hello,

I know I can use Java Sound API to capture audio, but how can I capture video
without JMF (obsolete)?

"Richard Bair and Jasper Potts went on to demo JavaFX 2.0 with a series of
sample applications, the most interesting of which was a demo that included a
Microsoft Kinect camera. Using JavaFX 2.0's advanced 3D and animation, along
with the fact that it's all Java, they used a Kinect to move a 3D version of
Duke on the screen as Potts moved around on stage. It was a powerful demo, and a
real crowd pleaser." ~http://www.drdobbs.com/blogs/jvm/231900029

Can you share your secret please? :) Was JNI involved?

Regards, Jiri