List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    Fwd: FXML Patterns / best practices
From:       greg.x.brown () oracle ! com (Greg Brown)
Date:       2012-02-24 22:13:56

> I think the fx:root solution is inferior to the <param> solution because it takes a \
> halting step toward the general solution -- there is a namespace of objects and \
> FXML expressions and references should be able to refer to them.

I'm confused. FXML already has a namespace of objects, and expressions and references \
*can* refer to them. A controller is not required for this.

The controller is just an easy way to get typed information out of an FXML document, \
and optionally associate event handlers with elements defined in the document. There \
are certainly other ways to do this. The <param> concept is one possibility. If we \
can understand where the existing design falls short then we can more effectively \
address it.