List:       openjdk-openjfx-dev
Subject:    [REVIEW REQUEST] Pre-built StringConverter Implementations
From:       jonathan.giles () oracle ! com (Jonathan Giles)
Date:       2011-12-23 4:32:52

Hi all,

I have updated RT-17956 to now have an updated code drop of the
pre-built StringConverters. In summary, the changes are:

  * I've split the NumberStringConverter and DateTimeStringConverter
    into three classes each to simplify the API:
      o NumberStringConverter continues to exist, and there are two
        subclasses:
          + CurrencyStringConverter,
          + PercentageStringConverter
      o DateTimeStringConverter continues to exist, and there are two
        subclasses:
          + DateStringConverter
          + TimeStringConverter
  * I've added constructors to the six classes above to make it possible
    to easily set a string converter in a single line (rather than
    requiring multiple lines of setters).
  * I've simplified the API considerably by removing all getters /
    setters to effectively make the converter immutable once it has been
    instantiated.
  * I've updated the unit tests to cover 100% of the code and 100% of
    the branches in 179 unit tests.

Assuming there is no feedback in the next few days I intend to push
these converters to the open source 'rt' folder.

-- Jonathan