List:       openjdk-nio-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: JDK-8327474 Review use of java.io.tmpdir in jdk tests [v4]
From:       Bill Huang <bhuang () openjdk ! org>
Date:       2024-03-26 18:18:39

> This task addresses an essential aspect of our testing infrastructure: the proper \
> handling and cleanup of temporary files and socket files created during test \
> execution. The motivation behind these changes is to prevent the accumulation of \
> unnecessary files in the default temporary directory, which can affect the system's \
> storage and potentially influence subsequent test runs.
> Our review identified that several tests create temporary files or socket files \
>                 without ensuring their removal post-execution.
> - Direct calls to java.io.File.createTempFile and \
>                 java.nio.file.Files.createTempFile without adequate cleanup.
> - Tests using NIO socket channels with StandardProtocolFamily.UNIX, not explicitly \
> removing socket files post-use.

Bill Huang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit \
since the last revision:

  Update test/jdk/java/nio/channels/unixdomain/Bind.java

  Co-authored-by: Andrey Turbanov <turbanoff@gmail.com>

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18352/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18352/files/2517f756..0f4130a9

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18352&range=03
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18352&range=02-03

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/18352/head:pull/18352

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18352