List:       openjdk-net-dev
Subject:    Re: RFR: 8278961: Enable debug logging in java/net/DatagramSocket/SendDatagramToBadAddress.java
From:       Mark Sheppard <msheppar () openjdk ! java ! net>
Date:       2021-12-20 17:40:26

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:51:17 GMT, Daniel JeliƄski <duke@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

> > Here too I didn't want to change the current behaviour/code of the test. It's not \
> > just this catch block but even the one a few lines above which catches \
> > `InterruptedIOException`. Neither the `send()` nor the `receive()` APIs of \
> > `DatagramSocket` specify that they throw this specific exception, but the test \
> > seems to catch it and consider it a socket timeout. So I'm guessing this test and \
> > the catch block was written with some specific context in mind and I didn't want \
> > to change that part as part of this PR which only aims to enable logging by \
> > default. Plus like Mark notes, the spec says `PortUnreachableException` "may" be \
> > thrown and isn't guaranteed.
>
> Right. Looks like `OSsupportsFeature` was used to filter out systems that don't \
> send "port unreachable"; we could probably use it here if the failure turns out to \
> be OS-specific.
> Additional logs look fine.

as I indicated below, we have tracked and investigated this issue and it is not \
purely a macosx-aarch64 issue. It may also be a  test env issue. As such using the OS \
filtering in the test, which is designed to primarily exclued AIX, wouldn't be the \
appropraite approach. If we wish to exclude the test on macosx-aarch64, then use of \
Problemlist is more appropriate.